Transport Stream Splicing
The TS Splicer is a software based product that splices multiple Transport Streams – frame accurately. It combines the capabilities of decoding SCTE 35 opt-out signalling, media storage and splicing, to offer a complete media insertion system. The TS Splicer is available as a standalone product or can be combined with Starfish playlist and media management products to build a complete automated Ad insertion or media replacement system.
It has applications in traditional broadcast, IPTV, satellite and cable TV systems.
International Patents granted
- Integrated Ad server
- Input stream switching
- Inputs support SMPTE 2022-7, providing seamless input protection of redundant source signals
- Frame accurate or GOP boundary splicing modes
- Minimal propagation delay
- Preserves the quality of video input signals by sophisticated signal processing
- Supports MPEG 2, H264 and HEVC/H265 encoded media
- Audio splicing of AAC, AC-3 and MPEG-1 Layer II streams
- Graphics include logo, animated logo and text crawls
- Integrated decoding of SCTE 35 Cue triggers
- Can splice the entire Transport Stream, or just a selection of elementary streams
- Hypothetical Reference Decoder (HRD) signals are maintained
- The Ad server supports a wide range of playlist formats
- IP or ASI inputs and outputs – SPTS or MPTS.
ASI is supported via an additional hardware card installed in the server.
- Input can utilise source-specific-multicast signals from routed networks implementing IGMPv3
- Operates in full failover redundancy configuration
- User friendly GUI for system set-up and configuration
- Full REST API
Download TS Splicer Information Sheet
Please contact Starfish Technologies™ directly for further information.