Advantage Authoring Workstation
The new Advantage Authoring workstation was designed specifically for creating AD files for TV Broadcast and DVD applications. Output file formats include an industry standard ESEF file.
Advantage Authoring is available as a standalone single-user workstation, or as part of a multi-user workgroup with shared database
- Windows software application running on standard PC hardware – Additional PC cards may be necessary i.e. Audio card for voice recording
- Use for scripting and recording
- Includes H264 browse media codec
- Recorded WAV’s can be trimmed after review
- Export ESEF, DFXP (XML) and TXT file formats
- Integrated spell checker
- Regular autosave of back-up files
- Integral checking of descriptions for inconsistent timecode with user-definable set-up options to detect “house style” errors (e.g. minimum duration, fade depth)
- User-definable screen layout – individual preferences can be stored for each user
- All editing and video control keystrokes are user-customisable
Download information sheet
Comparing a cloud based service and a perpetual licence
There is a lot of discussion currently about the benefits of cloud based services for applications like the preparation of Audio Description.
The obvious benefits of a cloud based service are:
- Minimal initial outlay
- No software licence to install
The other aspects to consider however are:
- Cost – If you use the service regularly, the cost will quickly exceed the purchase price of a perpetual licence.
- Availability – To use the cloud based service. you will need to be on-line via a reliable connection. Whilst in many parts of the world this is not an unreasonable expectation, there may be times when this is not possible.
Also, modern software installers, like that for our Advantage AD workstation software, are quick and straightforward to use and perform most, if not all, the initial configuration requirements as part of the installation. This enables a new user to be set-up and ready to start using the software within minutes.